When selecting programs for support, the Foundation seeks applicants that:
- Address an identified community need
- Have clear tangible goals and outcomes
- Offer practical solutions to community problems
- Propose new or innovative solutions to community problems
- Demonstrate past organizational success in achieving goals
Types of Grants
The Foundation provides grants to recognized 501 (c) (3) organizations.
Grants typically range from $2,500 to $15,000 with the average grant size of $6,000.
The Foundation supports programs based in Minnesota or Vermont that serve the local, national or international community.
1. Grant Request Letter:
Grant Request Letters should be postmarked by May 16, 2017.
a. Fill out the Grant Request Letter .
Click here to download Grant Request Letter.
b. Introduce your organization and/or project. Make clear the link between your proposal and the mission and values of the Yackel Foundation. Keep your letter to one page only. Submit on the official letterhead of your organization.
2. The Yackel Foundation will reply to your Grant Request Letter.
3. If you are requested to send in additional information it must be postmarked by August 1, 2017. If the Yackel Foundation requests that you submit additional information:
Click here to download additional information form.
Organizations that have received funding from the Yackel Foundation must have submitted their interim and final outcomes report (if applicable) prior to applying for another grant. Follow the process outlined under Application Procedures.
Interim and final outcomes report templates.Click here to download outcome report template.
Early submissions are encouraged.
Applications are reviewed and grants made prior to October
Send requests to:
John P. & Eleanor R. Yackel Foundation
P.O. Box 3897
Minneapolis, MN 55403